When facing charges for a DUI in Erie PA, having a strong defense can mean the difference between jail time and a criminal record and walking away with your dignity intact. The consequences of being convicted for a DUI can be detrimental to your career, family, and personal life. Seek legal counsel with Panighetti Law to determine your best defense.
Here are the reasons you need a Defense Attorney in Erie PA, when facing a DUI:
- DUI is a crime.
- Driving under the influence is a criminal infraction with severe consequences. You could be facing jail time or lose your license outright, as this is not just a standard traffic ticket, but a primary criminal offense. Whenever you are defending yourself against any crime, you need to have proper representation to ensure the best possible outcome.
- Often you will be facing multiple criminal charges related to a DUI, related to your blood alcohol level, and whether you were under the influence of controlled substances at the time of your DUI stop. It is never a good idea to face criminal charges alone. You can be convicted of a felony related to a DUI, or even multiple crimes which will be on your permanent record and lead to jail or prison time.
- Your license could be suspended.
- Losing your license is likely if you are convicted of a DUI, which will cause additional heartache for you and your family. Think about how you would go on with your daily activities such as getting to work, going to the store, or taking your children to school. The loss of your license could result in the loss of your job and cause you to become dependent on family members who will add stress to their lives.
- You can save money with a good defense.
- The cost of a conviction can often be higher than the cost of hiring a defense attorney. Not only can there be extensive fines with a DUI conviction, but you could also face the loss of your job, or become ineligible for high paying career advancement opportunities in the future. Given the variety of risks, a poor defense could mean a significant loss of income in the home. In many instances, the money you can save with a good defense is exponential. Here at Panighetti Law, we offer a no-cost consultation which is a great place to start a plan for your case.
- You may have had your legal rights violated.
- Seeking legal counsel will help you identify if any of your rights were violated during your DUI stop and help foster a better defense. Without speaking to an attorney, you may be unaware that your rights have been violated. A consultation with our office is no-cost and can help you determine which, if any, of your rights have been violated, thus helping to create a plan for your defense that allows for the smallest possible impact on your future.
- A defense attorney who specializes in DUI defense understands the system.
- The justice system has many laws, statutes, procedures, and rules focused on DUI convictions and charges. Without having full knowledge of the system, you are putting yourself at risk of a weak defense leading to a life-altering conviction. Circumstances such as the county you are charged in, your past history, and the details of your DUI stop are all taken into account when conviction and sentencing are handed out. Experienced defense attorneys spend time around judges and prosecutors and know how to approach each situation in accordance with the law and based on how the prosecutor will present their case against you. A DUI defense attorney is able to analyze the details of your case based on this information and help you get your life back to normal.